Building & Zoning
301 Brooklea Drive
Fayetteville, NY 13066
Phone: (315) 637-8619
Fax: (315) 637-0713
Monday - Friday: 8:30am - 4:30pm
Responsibilities of the Building & Zoning Department:
- Administering and enforcing New York State Uniform Fire Prevention and Building code, local zoning laws, flood plain regulations, and sign regulations.
- Issuing permits for any new construction, alteration, demolition, signs, swimming pools.
- Carrying out inspections to insure compliance with all applicable codes and laws.
- Investigating all complaints concerning building code, zoning, or local law violations.
- Issuing Notice of Violation and court Appearance tickets when necessary.
- Processing applications for zoning Variances, Special Use Permits, Flood Plain Permits, and Accessory Use Permits and submitting same to appropriate boards.
- Inspecting Industrial and commercial sites, day care centers, multiple dwellings, hotels, and places of public assembly for fire safety compliance with the New York State Uniform Fire Prevention and Building Code.
- Responding to structure fires and other emergency situations.